Saturday, October 5, 2013

Five for Friday: Fraturday Style


I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday (or Fraturday in my case).
Saying Good-bye to Summer!
 
Last weekend, we were able to get out for one more camping, hiking, and dirt biking adventure. I can't believe that October and fall are already here.
 
Miley had a blast! She wishes we went camping and hiking every weekend.

I Found Some Word Work Inspiration
 
I found these amazing dice at the Dollar Tree. I love the sight word dice and had to stop myself from going overboard and buying one set for every kiddo. I settled for 2 of each of the sight word dice sets and 1 of the math sets. When I got home, I was inspired to make Roll and Write mats to go with the dice. Then I thought, why not make a word work set for others to use?!

 
Here is an example of a station put together. I love that Roll and Write is so low maintenance. Click here to get yourself a copy.

Roll and Write: Color Word Freebie
 
After I made the Roll and Write Sight Word Addition, I was inspired to make a Roll and Write Color Word Freebie. Click here to get yourself a copy. :)

Speaking of Color Words
 
The time has come for me to switch my sensory table to a more fall theme but I wanted to show you what our current table looked like before I switched it out.
I used shredded black butcher paper for the filling and then added/buried colored items. The kiddos have to use the thongs to pick out the items in the paper and put them in the appropriate bucket. The wonderful cards and color labels came from Marsha McGuire and her Back to School Math Stations. I love all of her kindergarten math and literacy station ideas.

Teaching Ways to Say You're Sorry
 
My little ducks got in a little trouble for not being kind at recess yesterday, so when got back to class, we had to have a discussion about playground rules. I love having my kiddos write letters of apology. It helps teach them responsibility but also encourages them to vocalize their actions and discuss the appropriate behavior.

Plus look at these names! We are getting better at the writing our names with a capital letter and lowercase letters.

Enjoy the rest of your fantastic fall weekend and be sure to stop by and visit all of the wonderful bloggers linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching.


No comments:

Post a Comment