Saturday, August 6, 2011

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

I have adopted the Tortoise's motto of "Slow and steady wins the race" for setting up my classroom this year. A little work (okay....a lot of work) here and there and I should be already for my first grade kiddos on Back to School Night August 25th. Here are my before pictures and with a little elbow grease, I hope to have an Underwater Oasis ready in a couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted on my progress. Cross your fingers for me.
Here is the view from my front door. I am battling how to set up my desks this year but I am thinking of doing two horseshoe shapes so that my projector will still have room in the middle of the room. The two blue boards are my word wall and the yellow board is for student work. I am thinking "Chicka, Chicka, Boom Boom. Look at the good work in our room. "


Here are my front boards. I set up my calendar on the left, schedule in the middle, and the white board on the right holds our Morning Message and any work we do during the day.


Believe it or not, this kidney table is my desk. I decided last year that I no longer needed a desk since it only became a place for additional storage and took away from kid space. With that said, I got rid of it and never looked back. I use the white plastic drawer set for all of my supplies that once upon a time were in my desk. I love using this space for reading groups, math groups, and one-on-ones. This allows for my second kidney table to be used by an aide, a parent, or additional space for projects.



This is my closet, reading focus wall, and bathroom. The second kidney table is usually along the wall and the space in front of the board is my carpet area.


This is the side of the room by the door. So scary! My computers will reside here along with the second kidney table and if I am lucky a math nook. Thanks for viewing my classroom and I hope you enjoy the changes I am working on for my little home away from home.



cartoon graphicsPriscilla

No comments:

Post a Comment