Monday, August 8, 2011

Easy update for UGLY cubbies!

How do you use your cubbies/mailboxes? I normally use them to hold all of those papers the kids need to take home from the office, graded work, art projects, and such... but I am thinking of copying my wonderful blogging partner Priscilla and turning them into what she calls 'Busy Boxes'. She uses them to hold unfinished work and raves about how well this system works. I have to admit, I do like the idea of being able to see which students have unfinished work. So, if it works for her, I am willing to give it a go too!



Here is a picture of what I was dealing with before...
I like the fact that the cubbies for each student are large enough for any project(s) we would need to stuff in them, but I didn't love the mismatch of Avery labels with former student names in combination with the large Sharpie numbers, so I knew I needed to update. After a long attempt with a razor blade and a cleaning spray from my lovely custodian...nothing! So I opted for a new approach-contact paper. I just bought a cute roll (funky lime green!) at Target and cut each piece to fit along the bottom of each cubby. A few cuts later, I had this:
I am really happy with how they turned out! I am planning on making small name tags with student names to tape hanging from the top...if only I had my class list!



cartoon graphicsJennifer


No comments:

Post a Comment