Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Getting Ready for My First Day in K!

My first day teaching kindergarten is tomorrow! I am super nervous and super excited at the same time. I wanted to share with you a couple of pics on how I am getting ready for my big day. Wish me luck!
 
I have this on an easel by my door. It helps students and parents get started right away. I love getting to see how they write their names. It tells you so much about your kiddos' abilities.
 
I have all of my supply bins labeled on the back counter so parents and students can quickly drop off supplies. It is also nice to not have to worry about labeling each item with the students' names. In kindergarten, we are learning to share. Learning being the key word. :)

Here is the job my kiddos are going to do for me at their table. That caterpillar is just too stinking cute! My plan is to get kids comfortable and then gently help parents out of the room. I will offer hugs though if needed. The nametags I got from Amy Biddison. I love that there are numbers to 30, the alphabet, colors, and left and right on one nametag. Plus they are on sale right now. Be sure to check her out!
 

Here's a quick view of one tables caddies. I organized the materials with cups and each table has a different colored ribbon to mark their tables color. I have cute tags too but I am waiting for our school to get some more laminate in. Please note that there are no scissors or white glue in the caddies. I am holding off until I can teach proper procedures. Plus if a kiddo cuts their hair the first day, I'll just die.

I am so ready to hit the ground running with Daily 5. I will be doing day 1 tomorrow of Read to Self. I love using Kitten's First Full Moon by Kevin Henkes to teach the 3 Ways to Read a book. Wish me luck...I'll share how it went tomorrow. :) 

3 comments: