Friday, July 12, 2013

Favorite Pins Friday

I'm Linking up with Cara from The First Grade Parade to post my favorite pins of the week. All I can think is...
So True!
 
If you click on any of the pictures in this post, they will take you to the site where the idea came from. If I wasn't a direct link, I just left the pinterest link. :)
 
 

I just love this idea from Rambling about Reading to send home after the first day of school. I was also thinking it would go well with the weekly newsletter I plan on doing this year. Maybe I should have 2 pins off of the picture. Hmm.....
 
I wanted to make these so bad this last year and time just somehow got away from us. I will definitely be making them this year. I also want to write the word UNLESS on the back of them.

With this little letter plate, the kids walk around and fold down the letters they see in the writing around them. This would be such a fun, educational afternoon break to do. I also love that it gets kids thinking about the difference between letters and words. This will go great with my bean bag and sidewalk chalk ideas for taking learning outside.

We will be making these the first day of school. So stinking cute! Click here for some more Eric Carle room ideas I have and here for a Build Your Own Eric Carle Inspired Banner.
 
 
I love this simple idea for a word work center. I going out and getting myself some burner covers. I think it would also be fun to have magnet names of all of the kids and they have to find the letters to spell their friends names. This can later transfer into building sight words.
Jalapeño Popper Chicken! Oh My!
Avocado Eggrolls with Sweet Cilantro Sauce! I need a personal chef!
Here are some pins that make my heart happy!
So cute it hurts!
 
I actually gut rolled about this one. So true!
There is just something about this combo that I love. Black pants and coral ballet flats, I am ready for school.
 
Thanks for stopping by and be sure to go to The First Grade Parade and see all of the other wonderful pins. :)
 

2 comments:

  1. I loved The Very Hungry Caterpillar necklace & your other Eric Carle ideas. Even though I teach 6th grade, I'm always looking for projects for my soon to be 2 year old.

    Your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monica! So happy to have you as a follower. I'll be posting a lot more Eric Carle as we get closer to the year so stay tuned. :)

      Delete